Thursday, December 2, 2010

Trying? Hardly

To be honest as this semester comes to a close I have finally decided that I HAVE NEVER REALLY TRIED. EVER!

I have never had the motivation to go over the top in any of my classes.  Sure I go to class, I study, and do the work but when teachers tell me I should be spending 2 hours times the amount of credits per week on a class I just laugh.  The most time on a class per week I have ever spent is probably 3 hours and total over a semester outside of class about 15 hours.  I have been passing all of my classes with B's and higher for the past 3 years.  This is the first semester where I am unsure of a class and it is really only because of the teacher.  I am just unmotivated in school and have been slipping by since high school.

Is this how it will be in the real world?  Will i just be slipping by doing my own bare minimum and still being above standards?  That is just ridiculous and I believe that is how most of society is doing things.  Everyone is just doing the bare minimum they can do and it somehow is going over standards because the bare minimum has become the standard.  Sure there are exceptions, but they are one in a few and end up being shoved away in a development house because they are magically motivated.  I will admit that I have learned a lot in college but not as much as I should have.  Now I just have a degree where I can say " Hey pay me more because I spent a ton of money on this college thing and got a piece of paper saying I am smart".  This college thing has been a long haul and in the end I did it to make more money.

Is college financially prudent?  Ask the bearded man.

No comments:

Post a Comment